If you live in an apartment in Raleigh, NC you are in luck. Move over Nashville because the Wide Open Blue Grass festival is coming to Raleigh on September 27 and 28.
Wide Open Bluegrass is the new weekend festival. It's big and bold and outdoors during the best time of the year. And, there are two parts to this huge event.
The main stages in the Raleigh Convention Center and Red Hat Amphitheater will host some of the best bluegrass lineups of the fall anywhere in the nation, with Steve Martin & The Steep Canyon Rangers, The Gibson Brothers, Punch Brothers, The Infamous Stringdusters and much more.
The other half of Wide Open Bluegrass is a free street festival noon to 11:00PM Friday and Saturday. With three music stages, a youth talent stage, the North Carolina Whole Hog Barbecue State Championship, Dance Tent, and many more things to and eat!
It's bluegrass without limits and offerings for every music fan! From newgrass, jamgrass, traditional bluegrass, old-time and more!
- Outdoor Amphitheater Stage
- Indoor Music Stage
- Indoor Master's Workshops Stage
- Music Expo - to see all the latest music products
- The North Carolina Whole Hog Barbecue State Championship
- Public Street Fair
- All-Day Jamming & Fellowship
Artists to appear include:
- Steve Martin and The Steep Canyon Rangers featuring Edie Brickell
- Special performance featuring Sam Bush, Jerry Douglas, Bela Fleck, Alison Krauss, Del McCoury, Tony Rice & Mark Schatz
- Punch Brothers
- The Infamous Stringdusters
- And Many More!
More information -wideopenbluegrass.com