When you reach a certain and you are beginning to think about downsizing to an apartment in Raleigh, NC, it is likely that you’ll have some doubts.
The worries that thinking about downsizing brings may be many.
From losing space to have your family to stay for holiday weekends to feeling like your home defines you, there are a myriad of potential worries that might enter your mind when thinking about downsizing.
But really, you shouldn't worry - it needn't be an identity crisis.
Why? Here is the ultimate list of why downsizing is a great idea.
If you're about to go through with it, or are in the middle of doing so, this is why you should be happy at the prospect.
- You'll have less space to clean. And tidy. Does this have a downside?
- It's more cost-effective. You might not have fewer bills - because you'll still, presumably, want the same services from your home - but it's likely they will be reduced, because in turn, you have reduced the size of your living accommodation.
- With the size comes the added bonus of not having any space. There's no extra space for unwanted guests, and them turning up every weekend when you'd rather they weren't there. And, there is no space for unwanted junk.
- Just think of the money you can save - and invest. Selling your old house could generate a whole wealth of income that you weren't expecting.
- There's no expectation for you to be the host. Pained at the thought of hosting everyone and their dog during holidays? When you've downsized, you needn't worry. Someone else can do the work, and you won’t be left out of the festivities.
- You have the opportunity to make your new apartment your own. Think of it as starting from the beginning: you can choose the location anew, the size, the everything.
- Added to that, you can make your new home age-appropriate. Not enjoying walking up and down the stairs every day? Get an apartment on the first floor. Want a swimming pool for water aerobics without the gym fee? Check out apartment communities with those luxuries.