Join the Farmers Market on Wednesday April 24, from 10 am-2 pm in City Plaza, when we kick off our fourth season with a pig pickin’ from the Pit! This is the opening of a new market season with our Pig Pickin' Celebration! IF you live in an apartment in Raleigh, NC you can enjoy the season kick off party and you can continue to the enjoy the Farmer's Market!
Time to indulge in authentic, eastern North Carolina BBQ prepared by Pitmasters from downtown's The Pit and enjoy the smooth bluegrass tunes of Old Habits. What else can you enjoy?
- Live bluegrass music by Old Habits
- Kids activities
- Raffles and giveaways
- Multiple local box lunch options
- Enjoy authentic whole-hog, pit-cooked barbeque prepared by The Pit
- Southern food expert Bob Garner will discuss and provide samples of the historic Brunswick stew
- Shop at the Market for farm fresh fruits and vegetables, pork, beef, poultry, seafood, cheeses, jams and jellies, eggs, baked goods, plant starts, flowers, and more!
Be sure to come to the market to welcome back your favorite returning vendors, support local NC produce, and meet our newest additions. There are many surprises in store for the new season!
The 2013 season will feature locally grown produce, meats, cheeses, seafood, artisan baked goods, live music, local box lunches, and much more. Celebrate the Market’s new season with festivities that showcase eastern NC’s culture, cuisine, and agriculture.
Location: City Plaza and Fayetteville Street
Date: Wednesday April 24th, 2013
Time: 10 am-2 pm