Are you trying to organize your apartment in Raleigh, NC? If you’ve tried to figure out if you should keep something or throw something away, here’s a quick guide.
Toss it if…
- You have more than enough. Take inventory and if you’ve got too many things, get rid of some things.
- If it is a gift you don’t love. You’re not going to like all of your aunt’s gifts, so give it away if you’re not in love with it.
- It’s not a cheap repair. Some things are too expensive to repair. If so, throw it in the garbage.
Keep it if…
- It’s sentimental. Sentimental things that you care about can be saved — in limited quantities. Everything can’t have sentimental attachment, so save what matters to you.
- It fits your life today. Your belongings should affirm who you are at this very moment. If that dress from 10 years ago still looks good on you, keep it.
- You think it’s gorgeous (even if no one else does). Things like the macaroni necklace your kid made in 1st grade shouldn’t be tossed out.
Good luck with your organizing!