The NCAA Men’s Division 1 Basketball Championship, also known as MARCH MADNESS, is a single elimination tournament held each year in the spring.
- 31 teams receive automatic bids by winning their conferences. The remaining 37 slots are filled by selection committee bids.
- All games are presented on CBS.
- The first tournament took place in 1939, with 8 teams competing.
- 2011 is the first year with 68 teams, increased from 65 in previous years.
- UCLA holds the record for the most Championship wins with 11 national titles. The University of Kentucky is second with 7 national titles. Indiana University and University of North Carolina are tied for third, each with 5 national titles. Duke is fourth, with 4 national titles.