The International Festival, a celebration of the rich variety of cultures that make up our region, returns to downtown Raleigh Sept. 19-21. If you live in an apartment in Raleigh, NC you can enjoy everything from around the world all in one place.
The festival features music, dancing, drinks, exhibitions and, of course, a plethora of food from around the world. The festival annually brings tens of thousands of visitors to the Raleigh Convention Center.
On Friday night, the main stage will feature the Elikeh group, an Afro-pop band with Togolese origins.
Throughout the event, different acts will be on the main stage singing and dancing and celebrating their cultural heritage.
- Watch authentic ethnic dances from over 30 different cultures performed on the Main Stage.
- Stroll through the many Cultural Exhibits to learn about the rich history and traditions of different cultures.
- Be a part of the action! Learn from some of the areas best global dance teachers how to Belly Dance, Bollywood and Salsa.
- Learn about traditional cooking from international teachers at the Cooking Demonstration booth.
- Taste your way around the globe with delicious food from our Sidewalk Cafes.
- Shop the World Bazaars for crafts and items from across the globe.
- Visit the IF Global Grinds to relax over a warm beverage, enjoy your favorite desserts, and listen to traditional ethnic music.
- Bring the kids to Sophia's Courtyard for face-painting, storytelling, games and other fun activities.
- Witness the spirit of America as new citizens take their oath at the Naturalization Ceremony.
Want more information? Watch the video below and go to internationalfocusnc.org/festival. Article from wncn.com