March may mean St. Patrick’s Day, but April means Beer Month if you live in an apartment in Raleigh, NC. April 2013 will be the first inaugural beer month in North Carolina.
North Carolina has the most breweries of any state south of Pennsylvania and east of Texas. Beer has become a state craft, and now North Carolina wants to celebrate it!
Throughout April, beer lovers will find special tours, tastings, dinners, classes and other events all surrounding North Carolina craft beer.
Here are some of the Inaugural Year Highlights:
- "Beer City USA" Experience, April 12-14, Asheville.
- Hickory Hops, April 20, Hickory: Festival hosted by Olde Hickory Brewing with 40-plus regional breweries, music, food and the Carolinas Championship of Beers.
- Spring Fling, April 20, Pittsboro: Spirited local festival featuring food, music and a new release from Carolina Brewery.
- French Broad River Floats, April 20 and 27, Asheville.
- NC Beer Lover's Weekend, April 26-27, Greensboro.
- NC Brews Walkabout, April 27, Blowing Rock.
- Brewgaloo, April 27, Raleigh: Downtown celebration of the area's beer craftsmanship and culinary creativity.
Visit www.NCBeerMonth.com for details and more activities.